Airbnb Plus has emerged as the preferred booking platform for visitors seeking quality and comfort in their Airbnb holiday homes. It provides a first-class experience for guests and enables hosts to sell their rentals to certain sorts of visitors.
Although membership in the Airbnb Plus program is not required to be a great host, it does provide certain additional advantages for both visitors and hosts and their businesses. Continue reading to discover more about Airbnb Plus and how to become a Plus verified host.
Airbnb Plus was introduced in 2018 as part of the company’s effort to provide a more personalized rental experience for visitors looking for top-notch hospitality. The goal of the Plus experience, according to Airbnb, is to provide visitors with all of the comforts of home while they travel.
The program’s rentals and rooms vary from ordinary Airbnb listings. They are designed to provide hotel-quality facilities and services, such as plush linens, a luxury shower, and excellent host communication. It now has operations in several locations across six continents, including London, Melbourne, Los Angeles, and Shanghai.
What is the price of Airbnb Plus?
Airbnb charges a non-refundable application fee of $149 for hosts who wish to apply for the program (be aware that this price supports the screening process but does not ensure that you will be approved). When staying in an Airbnb Plus house or apartment, guests pay an average nightly cost of $250.
What Was the Intention of Airbnb’s Plus Program?
As Airbnb’s popularity has grown in recent years, many new hosts have registered their rentals on the site. This has made it more difficult for customers to wade through infinite possibilities searching for their perfect vacation rental. Furthermore, many of these rentals have a notable lack of quality control.
Guests who book these homes based on the posted listing are often disappointed when they arrive to find the property is not what the listing description claims! The Plus program addresses this issue by providing a selection of approved residences that have undergone a quality control inspection and provide a consistent level of services and facilities. Its debut has made it simpler for visitors to filter among residences and locate those that best suit their needs.
Guests can feel certain that these accommodations have been certified by Airbnb as high quality and will satisfy their needs. Simultaneously, presenters now have the power to advertise directly to the audiences they choose. Plus provides both hosts and guests with additional customer service.
Requirements for Airbnb Plus Hosts
Airbnb rigorously examines and chooses potential hosts and their homes according to thorough criteria before allowing them into the program to assure constant quality and excellence. Your home must first be situated in a member city to be eligible for Airbnb Plus.
There are specific standards that hosts must achieve before they may apply. Hosts may either seek to have their homes included in the Plus portfolio or wait for an invitation from Airbnb. Airbnb requires hosts to meet the following minimal requirements:
- Highly rated—An Airbnb host’s average rating must be 4.8 or above to consider the program.
- Reliable—The host must have accepted 95% of the booking requests that come into their property over a year.
- Consistent—The host must show that there have been no cancellations in the previous year (except in extenuating circumstances).
Apart from host status, Airbnb evaluates all possible properties against quality and design criteria. If your application is approved, a professional will do an onsite examination of your property to determine its eligibility. Every Airbnb Plus property is either a whole home, an apartment, or a separate room with a bathroom. Your property must meet the following criteria to be Plus verified:
- Thoughtfully designed. All homes must undergo inspections by certified decorators and photographers who will assess the beauty and style of the property. Qualifying houses should have a consistent sense of design throughout the property and employ décor to enhance the overall appearance and feel.
- Completely equipped—Rentals must be fully equipped with all of the conveniences visitors would expect in their own homes.
- A fully equipped kitchen with cooking and eating supplies
- A fully equipped bathroom with towels and amenities
- A television with options for streaming or cable
- Other gadgets, such as a hairdryer, iron, and a safety deposit box
- Well-kept—Properties must be kept spotless both inside and out. They should be neat, clutter-free, and cleaned and maintained regularly. Water pressure in kitchens and toilets should be high. All facilities and equipment must be in excellent functioning order, from Wi-Fi to the locks on each door.
What’s the Difference Between Airbnb Plus and Superhost Status on Airbnb?
While Airbnb hosts covet both the Airbnb Plus program and Superhost designation, they are not the same. To become a Superhost, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a host rating of 4.8 or better
- Have completed at least ten trips or three bookings totaling 100 nights.
- A 90 percent response rate to inquiries
- A one percent cancellation rate (only one cancellation for every one hundred bookings).
The Superhost title is given to hosts who offer excellent communication and service to their visitors. At the same time, the Plus system welcomes hosts who have extraordinary hospitality skills and a distinctive and well-maintained rental property. Many Superhosts go on to become Airbnb Plus hosts, and to give a superior guest experience, you’ll need to demonstrate Superhost-level communication.
How can I get my Airbnb Plus account verified?
If you want to be considered for Airbnb Plus, you must regularly work to guarantee that you satisfy the host standards for Plus verification. This will take time since you will need to establish a track record of steady reservations, no cancellations, and a high guest rating. You’ll also need to furnish and decorate your home to ensure that it fulfills the Plus laws’ quality criteria.
When performing house inspections, Airbnb does not provide the criteria it uses. This may leave hosts confused about where to begin, but working from the principles listed above can assist you in constructing your perfect rental. Consider hiring an interior designer to help you select color and style themes for your rental, and for additional points, try to include a touch of your flair.
If you like bright colors, consider including a statement item in each area, such as a couch or lampshade. Choose a sleek minimalist décor motif if you like a more modest approach.
Don’t attempt to replicate the décor of other plus houses; instead, seek to establish your unique flair for your rental. Home inspectors are often on the lookout for homes with a distinct and distinctive design, as well as a personal touch. Because every property is carefully evaluated for participation in the program, Airbnb’s staff has the last say on whether or not a property will be accepted.
Benefits of Airbnb Plus for Guests
Guests may take advantage of many significant perks via the Plus program:
- Established Listing Standards—Airbnb Plus has made it simpler for visitors seeking rentals of a certain quality to locate what they’re looking for. They won’t have to be concerned about unexpected costs or disparities in facilities between their preferred hotels and Airbnb houses.
- A More Customized Rental Selection—Guests have high expectations when it comes to holiday rentals. Guests seeking elegance and quality no longer have to spend time looking through postings that do not meet their needs. Finally, Airbnb Plus creates a more specialized selection of homes.
- Premium Customer Support—Airbnb will provide premium customer service to guests who book homes as part of the Plus program. This enables users to handle concerns, such as cancellation and refund choices, more quickly and get assistance when they need it.
- Faster Booking—Guests who use the Plus program don’t have to worry about being turned down by hosts since the program compels hosts to accept virtually all reservations.
- Suitable for Events and Special Occasions—Airbnb Plus makes it simpler than ever for visitors to locate homes for particular events. Collections make it simple for customers to locate what they want, whether they’re planning a honeymoon, a family holiday, or an active weekend outside.
Benefits of Airbnb Plus for Hosts
Plus, approved hosts may make use of a variety of privileges, including:
- You’ll Get More Bookings—Plus, verified homes are the best of the best when it comes to Airbnb. Furthermore, since no other vacation rental site provides the unique characteristics of this service, the amount of reservations you get is only projected to expand.
- Visitors Will Have More Faith in You—Airbnb Plus does due diligence on every property so that guests don’t have to spend as much time figuring things out. Consequently, you’ll attract more visitors who will recognize that you’re an expert at providing a memorable experience. You’ll probably have fewer inquiries and concerns, as well as fewer requests for cancellations and refunds.
- You Can Charge a Premium—Now that you’re an Airbnb Plus member instead of merely a Superhost, you’ll be able to charge a premium for your reservations. Instead of competing against every other user on the Airbnb site, your rivals will be limited to other Plus-certified hosts in your location. You could even have less competition if your facility provides a reasonably distinct experience compared to other places.
- You’ll Provide Better Service—Now that you’re required to follow the program’s extra guidelines, you’ll provide even better service. You’ll have access to interior design assistance, professional photography, premium customer care options, and much more with the help of Airbnb workers and partners.
As previously said, Airbnb Plus is a fantastic addition to the Airbnb platform that will only improve everyone’s experience. Guests will get assured outstanding service, while hosts will be able to use their Plus status to stay ahead of the competition and attract more reservations.
Consider utilizing automation to put your vacation rental company on autopilot to help you provide a great service. With features like these, vacation rental software like Lodgable helps rental owners save time and streamline their operations:
- Using our integrated and powerful channel manager, manage all of your bookings from Airbnb, Vrbo/Homeaway, and Booking.com on the same dashboard.
- Make team management, cleaning schedules, and maintenance activities more efficient.