If you’re searching for a unique approach to selling your Airbnb home, consider creating an Airbnb video. A picture is worth a thousand words, as the adage goes.
However, using video as part of your marketing approach may be more successful than static photographs. According to Hubspot, 72 percent of consumers would prefer to watch a video than read about a product or service. YouTube is the second most popular website after Google, demonstrating the value of employing video as a marketing strategy. According to YouTube statistics, viewers watch more than 1 billion hours of video material every day.
In addition, 92 percent of mobile video watchers share videos with others. According to this research, video is gaining traction like never before.
We’ve put together this helpful instruction to help you produce an Airbnb movie to sell your home and make it stand out. Continue reading to learn about the best techniques for using video to promote your rental.
Is it possible to include a video in my Airbnb listing?
Airbnb currently does not have a feature that allows you to upload a video to your listing. However, this does not rule out the possibility of creating an Airbnb video. You may post your movies to a variety of third-party services.
Include a link to your YouTube channel in the description of your Airbnb property. Your prospective visitors will access your channel and read the material you have uploaded in this manner.
1. Create an Airbnb video Speak with Your Guests-to-Be
An Airbnb video is a video that complements your Airbnb listing. The same fundamental concepts you would use to shoot images for your listing will apply to creating a video. To ensure that your video appeals to a certain audience, keep your target visitor in mind.
Always remember to
- Tell a tale. You should demonstrate why your Airbnb video tour is the best option for their requirements to your target visitors. You may even capture several versions of your video if required. In this manner, you’ll be able to attract various visitors, including tourists, families, and couples.
- Plan your journey ahead of time. You should have a strategy in place before you begin shooting. There should be no surprising modifications in your video. Also, having a strategy will ensure that you don’t miss any rooms or places by mistake.
- Perform a thorough walkthrough. Make sure your film includes a tour of the whole property, so no surprises when guests arrive. Emphasize the services and facilities you provide. Make a point of highlighting your most distinctive features to entice prospective customers to register with you.
- Don’t forget about the outside spaces. One of the primary things you may promote as one of your main selling factors is your outside spaces. If you have a garden or a porch, don’t forget to include them in your square footage.
- Be truthful. Be truthful about what your property has to offer. Ascertain that visitors are aware of the benefits and drawbacks.
- Engage the services of a professional videographer. The video’s quality is crucial since you want to show off your home to its full potential. Although you can make a high-quality movie using your smartphone, getting a professional to do it for you is advisable. An experienced cameraman understands the ideal angles and can also help with video editing.
- Consider the sound quality. It’s crucial to consider strong sound quality in addition to a pleasant aesthetic component. You must pick whether to utilize a voiceover or to include music in your video. Make sure you’re not breaking any copyright laws by using royalty-free music.
- Stay away from material that is licensed or copyrighted. Make sure your film doesn’t include any trademarks, licensed music, or anything else that would violate intellectual property rights.
- Make use of a drone. If you have a drone and legal in your area, use it to film your Airbnb video.
Take a couple of pictures of your home from the front and rear. After that, videotape the neighborhood around your home. People are constantly interested in learning more about their immediate surroundings and neighboring attractions.
- Try to keep it under two minutes. Studies reveal that individuals have short attention spans when it comes to video. If your video must be longer than two minutes, make it as brief as possible.
2. Include a Call to Action
To connect with your target visitors, you must add a straightforward call to action to increase reservations. It’s a good idea to include a CTA that directs viewers to your Airbnb listing if you want to convert your video watchers into guests.
You may, for example, use Youtube cards or end screens to add a CTA to your Youtube video.
You may also include a Special Offer that will be offered to anyone who saw your video to sweeten the bargain. You may create bespoke pricing for a visitor who sends you a booking inquiry using Airbnb Special Offers.
Guests will know what is expected of them and be prompted to act if the material is high quality and the CTA is concise. Before reserving your Airbnb home, a CTA will make it simpler to trace who saw your video.
3. Upload Video to YouTube
Now that your video is complete, it’s time to share it with the rest of the world. As previously stated, you cannot post movies to your Airbnb rental. As a result, you’ll have to market your Airbnb video via third-party websites.
YouTube is the most popular and popular video platform on the internet. YouTube has about two billion subscribers throughout the globe, accounting for nearly a third of all internet users. As a result, when it comes to gaining views for your Airbnb video, YouTube is the greatest place to start.
Make sure to add a short description of your property under your video when uploading it to YouTube. Tags like “Airbnb”, “cottage,” “entire home/apt,” “romantic,” “business travellers,” and so on should be included as well. These keywords are likely to be used by your potential visitors while searching for Airbnb homes on YouTube.
Last but not least, be sure to provide a link to your Airbnb listing in the video’s description section. People may move straight from the video to make a reservation at any moment.
4. Share your Airbnb Video on Other Video Sharing Platforms
Although YouTube is the most popular video site, you should not overlook other video platforms. Vimeo and Dailymotion get a large amount of traffic as well. They are one of the top five most visited video sites on the internet.
Another way to promote your video is to use blog sites that enable you to embed videos.
Another great option is to leverage Instagram’s IGTV videos. Users may now post long-form video footage to Instagram’s newly introduced feature. If you sell your property to Gen Z and Millenials, who are the most regular social network users, this may be extremely advantageous.
5. Use social media to promote your Airbnb property video.
Your job isn’t done after you’ve uploaded your video on the internet. Indeed, this is merely the beginning. You’ll need to aggressively advertise your video now that it’s open to the general public to attract your target audience.
First, determine where your target audience congregates and advertise your Airbnb video on these sites.
If your potential visitors are business travelers, for example, advertising your Airbnb video on LinkedIn or other business blogs may provide positive results.
If your target demographic is couples or leisure travelers, though, promoting your Airbnb video on Facebook or Instagram might help draw a lot of attention to your offering. You are combining numerous channels for advertising your Airbnb video; on the other hand, it may be the greatest strategy for maximizing reach.
The Top 6 Tools for Creating an Airbnb Video
One of the most popular programs for creating property movies is Animoto. Users may use Animoto to create video templates, presentations, and instructional films. Upload your property images and video clips to start making a video. You may choose a style and add music and captions to personalize it.
Not only can Magisto assist you in creating your Airbnb video, but it can also promote it via its marketing platform. Magisto analyses uploaded photographs using an intelligent video editor with AI to recognize people, objects, audio, and more. It gives you information on your audience’s engagement and behavior. To make your films seem consistent with your brand concept, you may use the tool to apply unique branding and effects.
Promo has a variety of themes for your Airbnb video that you can customize with your brand colors, message, and logos. You may use the app to make movies of any size and share them on Facebook, Instagram, or your company’s website.
Videoshop has a wide range of capabilities that will come in handy while making your Airbnb video. You may use Videoshop to cut and combine your videos and add sound effects, subtitles, and voiceovers. All of this helps to customize your films and emphasize your property’s individuality.
Renderforest offers a wide range of real estate themes to help you produce real estate listing movies quickly and easily. The procedure is carried out entirely inside your browser. You’ll be able to make fascinating films in no time using Renderforest’s easy customizable sceneries. Other video templates, ranging from intros and music visualizations to explainer animations and promotional movies, may be found in several categories.
Making an Airbnb video is an important part of your marketing plan. It is worthwhile to devote time and effort, even though it requires time and work. You’ll be able to make eye-catching films and attract more prospective visitors to your resort using these methods and resources.
Start automating your vacation rental marketing to free up more time for vacation rental marketing. Thousands of hosts and property managers have benefited from vacation rental software like Lodgable by
- Seamlessly synchronizing your calendars and allowing you to manage numerous properties on Airbnb, Booking.com, and Vrbo/HomeAway. You may use iCal to add additional platforms;
- Enabling you to handle direct bookings efficiently by using our free website templates and hosting
- Processing payments securely by connecting your Stripe account to Lodgable;
- Automating your cleaning tasks and allowing you to track your work orders in real-time;